Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May 2012 MyGlam

I am EXTREMELY late on this, but here is my May MyGlam bag review..


 Here is all of the items in the adorable pink bubble wrapped envelope.

The glam bag this month is blue with hot pink lips all over it. ehhh it's okay to me.


First item is a FULL Sized Studio Gear Complete Color lipstick in the color "Teaberry." 

The description on the MyGlam card says the lipstick is a "Rich Color that plumps and hydrates for perfectly kissable lips." I didn't really notice a difference as far the "plumping" goes, but it is definitely a rich color and very long lasting.


Swatch of "Teaberry"


 Next up are 2 more (and supposedly the last 2) of the MyGlam exclusive brushes. These 2 are the Concealer Brush and Defining Brush. They are both very small. I read a lot of mixed reviews on the MyGlam brushes...some girls are extremely happy with getting makeup brushes and some girls are so glad there will not be anymore. I think some even cancelled their subscription because they were so annoyed by the brushes.

What about you? Are you happy with getting more makeup brushes or are you so over it?!


Here is a size comparison of the makeup brushes compared to the full sized lipstick.


Out of all the items in the bag, the Philosophy's Love Sweet Love perfume sample was probably my favorite. It is a good size sample compared to most perfume samples. I really enjoy the brand Philosophy, so I was happy to get a brand I knew and could pronouce. :)

It is very fruity, so you have to enjoy those types of perfumes in order to enjoy this one. I hate the container it came in because I am so clumsy and almost spilled all of it out trying to smell it. I wish all perfume samples could be the spray ones.  



The last item is the Miss Beauty Nail Bling. I think it is very cute, but I wouldn't wear them on all of my nails at once. I will probably paint all my nails a certain color and then have 1 nail on each hand with the Nail Bling.

I could see how some of the girls were not happy with this item or actually the entire bag this month because it is definitely aimed more towards the younger subscribers. Overall, the bag was okay for me. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either.



What are your thoughts on the May MyGlam bag: Love it or Hate it?




4 comments:

  1. I wish I got something like this. It looks fun!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you should definitely try to get signed up for them or one of the other monthly beauty subscriptions. It is so much fun! My favorite part is opening the mailbox and having a pink girly package waiting for me. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad they wont be sending any more brushes I'd rather get samples to try out. The lip color you got is pretty. Mine was in Repentance and I don't notice any plumping effects from it either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you- I am glad they won't be sending anymore brushes and hopefully they'll send more samples. I think I actually like your color of the lipstick better than the color I got. It goes on very dark and I think I look funny with darker lipsticks. I am anxious to see what next month has in store for us without the brushes.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...