Wednesday, June 13, 2012

June 2012 Birchbox

This month's Birchbox theme is Jet-Set. This was the very first month that I didn't take a peak to see what I got in my box before it arrived looking all beautiful and pink in my mailbox. Well, I did watch their Youtube sneak peak video, but I don't really think that counts because I technically didn't know what all was going to be in my box. I just knew after watching the video I was going to end up getting the perfume sample (there is nothing wrong with that, but I always get the one that doesn't smell as nice as the other perfume samples they might have in there as well). I was very excited when I did see what all I got this month.



I love opening the box to see all the goodies waiting for me to discover!


Front & Back of card explaining the theme and a list of my awesome goodies inside



The first item is the Winks faux lashes with eyelash glue. I think it's awesome they included the glue!! They are definitely a lot bolder than the faux eyelashes that I usually buy, but I am excited to try them out.


I am very excited to try out Hair Rules' Volumizing Shampoo!! I do have a problem with my hair falling flat within a few hours after washing & styling my hair. And the best part of the shampoo....


No Sulfates, Parebens, & Animal Testing...OH YEAH!!!


I have really been wanting to try out some products from LA Fresh. I have heard wonderful things about the company, so when I saw their Oil-Free Face Cleanser wipes in the box I had to jump up and down for joy! Okay, don't act like I'm the only one who does the happy dance over trying out new products?!? I love the fact that they at least included 2 instead of only 1. I would have preferred a pack of at least 10, but hey we can't always get what we want. ;)



 The Balm's Stainiac lip and cheek stain in the shade "Beauty Queen" is something I am on the fence about. I am all about some lip stain, but I am unsure about using it on my cheeks as well.


It is a very pretty color!


The last item in the box was actually the Lifestyle extra, a Tili Bag. It is basically a decorated zip & seal bag (Ziploc baggy). I think it is absolutely adorable!! It definitely makes bringing your own snacks on an airplane, road trip, or even to work a lot more stylish! The website says you don't just have to use it for snacks- you can also put change, vitamins, makeup, or basically whatever you want. I really love the print I got...how adorable is it?!!  



So if you are subscribed to Birchbox- what all did you get in your box this month?


If you would like to learn more about Birchbox or subscribe to it-- here is my referral link

14 comments:

  1. I got an entirely different box! However, I did get the lip and cheek stain. I will be doing a review of the products at the end of the month! :)

    -♡ Valerie Angel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I can't wait to see your review! :)

      Delete
  2. If they ever decide to ship my box O__o. I hope it is the same as yours, the only one I have seen so far that I would be happy with!!

    xo, Jersey Girl

    hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you hate when you see everyone else getting their box and you still haven't received yours?! That usually happens to me!! I hope you get a great box and are very happy with it! Can't wait to see what all you get! :)

      Delete
  3. I was so hoping I would get the winks, so jealous! The glue from them is supposed to be really nice and it doesn't have formaldehyde in it like Duo. I think I need to pick that up because the duo makes my eyes watery. Let me know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know all of that. That's awesome, thank you for telling me! I will let you know when I try it out what I think about it.

      Delete
  4. I am visiting from the blog hop! I was a subscriber of birchbox but cancelled! This month was another great theme, and the lashes are going to be fun! Hope you'll visit and would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to follow your blog!! Thank you for visiting! I am so afraid that if I cancel Birchbox I will miss out on something great. Are you thinking about coming back to it or are you going to continue not subscribing to it?

      Delete
  5. Hey!
    Thanks for all the lovely comments on my blog, I've meant to come over to your blog long ago, but never had the chance! What a lovely birchbox...I love the beauty box I am subscribed to (LuxeBox) but I find that sometimes I get more hair and perfume samples than makeup:( Now they've changed to a seasonal subscription so it's not monthly anymore:( Love the Lip and Cheek stain you received.. although I would find it a tad weird to apply the product to both lip and cheek as well:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww they changed it to seasonal?!! That stinks! I enjoy getting a box every month! Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. I really love what you got in you box. It looked awesome. Let me know what you thought of the Volumizing shampoo. I'm always on the hunt for a new one. My hair is so straight and flat. Thanks.

    luckygirlbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely let you know. My hair is the same as yours..flat and straight. uhh! ;)

      Delete
  7. I'm on the waiting list, but hopefully i'll get called up soon! :) i love everything that is in yours, and i agree with the cheek stain...that would make me a little nervous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I can't wait for you to get off the waiting list! I'm so excited for you!! It is so much fun getting that pink box in the mail every month :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...