Friday, June 8, 2012

Review: Fake Bake Flawless Self Tan Liquid & Professional Mitt

I love having a pretty glow to my skin, but I definitely do not want skin cancer. I always wear SPF every time I go outside and I DO NOT lay in a tanning bed! That is the worst thing you can do to yourself. If you do, then STOP RIGHT NOW! So anyways, I better get back on topic before I go on a rant about tanning beds and start listing reasons why they are bad.. haha....So yes I am always on the hunt for a great self tanner. I have wasted a ton of money on some terrible ones and got my money's worth out of some really great ones.

I recently went to one of my favorite places, Ulta, to browse the self tanner aisle. Gosh, I love that place! I ended up getting Fake Bake's Flawless Self-Tan Liquid & Professional Mitt. I have heard so many great things about this product.



You get a the 6 Fl. Oz. tanning liquid, 2 gloves, a mitt, and 2 different caps.


I have to say it is the best self-tanner I have ever tried. It is really easy to use. ..since I used the spray cap..I just sprayed it on my body and used the mitt to rub it in. You have to wear the gloves underneath the mitt because it soaks in and will get on your hands if you don't. For my hands and feet, I just spray on the mitt and then rubbed it on my hands and feet. It doesn't take long at all to dry. Make sure you put an old towel on the floor when you are spraying or else it will get all over your floor or at least it did for me.. Maybe I was so excited and got spray happy? oopsie! It has a very tropical smell to it which smells so good. When the tan dried I could smell the typical "self tanner smell," but it was not as bad as most self tanners. The tan is very natural looking. I got several compliments today at work! I would highly recommend this self tanner.


The 2 different lids you get. I prefer the spray one..it is much easier to use!





Paraben Free!


Before


After

You can get this where I did at Ulta or you get it much cheaper at Amazon.



So do you use self-tanner? what are your favorite ones?

10 comments:

  1. I think I need this in my life! I used to tan (in a bed) all the time but it's really just so bad so I haven't in 2yrs :) This looks really natural I like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to go to the tanning bed a lot too. I had an eye opening experience when a lady walked in to tan and her skin looked like leather. I couldn't even think about going back after that. But You should definitely try out the Fake Bake! :)

      Delete
  2. Fake Bake produces the best and least fakish colored looking tans. Love their stuff. Great review with those before and after pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had actually never heard of the brand until I watched a video about "Flawless" on youtube. I don't think I have heard one negative thing about it yet.

      Delete
  3. I love fake tan too :)

    I have tried one of Fake Bake's products before and I found it very streaky, but I think fake tan is something that works differently for different skin types - St Tropez works best for me :)

    I like to go for spray tans at salons - in the UK it costs about £19 for a full body spray tan which will last about a week, which is just a little more expensive than the home tanning products (Would be about £15) but takes out the hassle of doing it yourself! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard some really great things about St. Tropez. I think that will be the next self tanner I am going to purchase. I completely agree- getting a spray tan at a salon is so much easier than doing it yourself!!

      Delete
  4. I will have to check out this kind. I've been wanting to try a self tanner because I usually just don't bother but I definitely want something that doesn't look super fake.

    xoxo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should check it out!! It definitely does not look fake at all.

      Delete
  5. I've never tried fake bake products but I used to use the jergens lotion stuff when it first came out. It would take forever to dry so I stopped using it.

    http://thelacquerfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, it took FOREVER to dry & couldn't handle the smell of it! You should try out the Fake Bake Self Tanner.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...