Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summer Beauty


During the summer I don't like wearing a ton of makeup. It is just too hot to have all of that product on! Here is break down of the items that I wear usually everyday in the Summer. For the night looks, I changed it up, but during the day I like to go for a very natural look.


1.  CoverGirl Natureluxe Foundation- I love this foundation because it is very lightweight. It does have SPF10 in it which is AWESOME! It also has cucumber extract and jojoba in it.

2. Urban Decay's Naked 2 Palette- I absolutely LOVE this palette. I can use it during the day for the "natural" look that I like or go for a smokey look at night. I think every girl should own either the original Naked Palette or Naked 2.

3. Moroccan Oil Hair Treatment- I don't like to use a lot of product in my hair during the summer or use a lot of heating tools. I like to take a shower and then put the Moroccan Oil in my hair and just let my hair air dry. This treatment has done wonders to my hair. It makes my hair so shiny, soft, and it has strengthened my hair so much!

4. MAC blush in Desert Rose-  You can make this color is light and sheer on your cheeks for a natural "flush" look or you can really build up the color for a bolder look.

5. Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes- This mascara is my favorite! It gives my lashes the length, volume, and curl that I love. Tarte is one of my favorite brands as well because they are cruelty free and paraben free.

6. Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake- I absolutely love wearing lip butters! Strawberry Shortcake is such a gorgeous color!!


What are your Summer Beauty Essentials?

20 comments:

  1. The Urban Decay palettes are the best palettes I have ever seen. The colors are amazing, and they wear so well.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are! I seriously use it everyday and have not bought another palette since I got this one!

      Delete
  2. This Hair Oil sounds interesting! And of course we all love the Revlon Lip butters :) i need more shades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it out. I am obsessed with it! I really want to get some more lip butters as well.. What shades do you have?

      Delete
  3. I also love the Cover Girl Natureluxe Foundation, it's very light and smells great!
    I have never tried anything from Tarte. But i will! I'm a vegetarian and love cruelty free products as well! x

    Judy.

    judysbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should seriously try out Tarte. I have not found one product that I don't like. I love their high standards! Let me know if you do decide to get something and what you think :)

      Delete
  4. I have been wanting to buy the Urban Decay eyeshadow for a long time!!! I might just take the plunge and buy it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You seriously need to!!! It's the best investment. Let me know if you cave in and get it.

      Delete
  5. I need to try Morrocan Oil! I am just worried that it is going to make my extremely oily hair, oilier quicker!

    I love the Covergirl foundation and the Naked palette as well! I use em everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have very oily hair and it does not make my hair oilier. I just apply a dime size only to the hair that is below the ear (pretty much the hair you would use for a low pony tail)- I don't get any on my roots. I focus a lot on the ends of my hair. If you have fine hair, I would go for the Moroccan Oil light.

      I got a small bottle from a local beauty salon to try it out first before I spent that much on the full size.

      Let me know if you decide to try it out :)

      Delete
  6. Thx for the post! I believe in less is more especially when it comes to summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want the Naked 2 palette sooo badly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it! It is the best makeup purchase I have ever made. :)

      Delete
  8. fabulous post, love. How am I just now following your blog? Obsessed. If you get a sec, I'd love if you'd check out my latest interview with College Lifestyles magazine. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much girl! I will definitely check out your interview! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  9. I am loving Revlon's lip butters for summer too! Although it's not makeup, I am loving flower clips for my hair. It adds a pop of color to a plain pony tail :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flowers in the hair are so adorable!! I love that summer trend!

      Delete
  10. Hello! I nominated you to the Liebster Blog Award! Go to my blog to find out what you need to do! :) x

    judysbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...