Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Review: Philosophy Hope in a Jar


I purchased Philosophy's Hope in a Jar about 2 months ago. Every time I watched a beauty guru's video on YouTube, read a blog, or went on to a website with favorite moisturizers they all raved about Hope in a Jar. It also has 4.1 out of 5 stars on Sephora's website. It says it is 99.9% oil-free, deeply hydrating, lightweight wonder designed to smooth the complexion while reducing the appearance of wrinkles and discoloration. So I thought this would be the product for me because I have very oily, sensitive skin.

I personally think that this was the biggest waste of my money! I did not like Hope in a Jar at all. It does not feel lightweight at all, actually it feels very heavy! My face felt so icky all day when I wore this under my makeup. And the smell....ohh the smell..It has a terrible smell! I could smell it all day! It is also pretty pricey for a moisturizer. It is $39 for the 2 oz. at Sephora.  

I did like that it is made without Sulfates, Synthetics Dyes, and Phthalates. I really like Philosophy as a brand, so I am really bummed that this product was such a let down for me.






Ingrediants: Water, Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Retinyl Palmitate, Arginine, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta-Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea. 

Have you tried this product before? What were your thoughts on it?

22 comments:

  1. This moisturizer has been in my cart on the sephora website for weeks now! Im glad you did this review because I will not be purchasing this! Great post! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you might like it, BUT I DEFINITELY did not! I would recommend spending your money on something else :)

      Delete
  2. I had the same thoughts after getting a sample from Sephora!
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just heartbreaking?!!?! I had so many high expectations for this product. :(

      Delete
  3. Never tried it but thanks a lot for the review. You just saved me $40!

    Mimika's Little Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you did this review! I also have fairly oily skin- have you tried the Sephora Instant Moisturizer? I received a sample of it and loved it! Maybe you could get a sample to try as well before you spend a ton of money on something you don't like. :)
    -Amber
    http://beautyguide101.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely have to try that product out. Thank you for the recommendation!

      Delete
  5. Sorry it didn't worked out for you! :( I haven't tried this product and probably will never get a full size. I have tried the shower creams, they smell great! :) x

    Judy.

    judysbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love their shower creams!! HMMM they do smell so yummy :)

      Delete
  6. I have tried it, and I combination/dry skin and I didn't like it either! It seems to be a love or hate product. I thought the smell was heavy as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are exactly right...you either really love it it or you really hate it!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the heads up! It always sucks to spend money on a product that really doesn't work for you :(

    Andrea
    Andrea and the Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have tried this product, however, I could never get past the smell long enough to use it to see if it had benefits or not.

    xoxo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the smell absolutely TERRIBLE?!?! yuck!

      Delete
  9. I actually call this "Suck In A Jar" lol ... I tried to write a review on it but I just kept writing sucks sucks sucks sucks. Glad I'm not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that nickname for it! I couldn't have said it better myself!

      Delete
  10. I honestly used to LOVE Hope in a Jar... but not so much anymore... great review chica! I just followed you, mind checking out my blog too? :)

    Xoxo, Carlene
    http://www.queencarlene.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to check out your blog! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  11. Love the honest opinion and I will stay away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so bummed when I was as let down by this product as I was. I had such high hopes for it! :(

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...