Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Review: Boscia Make-Up Break-Up Cool Cleansing Oil


I have been using Boscia's Makeup-Up Break-Up Cool Cleansing Oil for about 4 months now. Before I tell you what I think about it, let me tell you exactly what it is. It is a cleansing oil that is made to dissolve your makeup and purify your complexion.  It is made for all skin types- including sensitive skin!

It is formulated without:
  • Parabens
  • Sulfates
  • Synthetic Fragrances
  • Synthetic Dyes
  • Phthalates
  • GMOs
  • Triclosan

Well, now that you know a little more about it...let me tell you what I thought. I bought this solely for removing my eye makeup. I had never used an oil based product to remove my makeup because I have very sensitive skin. It does an amazing job at removing eye makeup! I usually put about a pea sized amount on a cotton round and apply it to my closed eyelid. A little goes a long way, so you really don't need more than a pea-sized amount for each eye. I hold it there for about 20 seconds and TA-DA all makeup is removed! If I did a smokey look that day, I hold it for a little longer than 20 seconds.

I still don't use it all over my face. I am still a wee-bit scared of putting oil all over my face, but I have read a ton of reviews on MakeupAlley where girls with sensitive skin LOVE it to remove the makeup all over their face.

It has a minty smell to it, so that can be a good thing or bad thing depending on if you like minty smelling products.

If you do get it in your eyes it will sting a bit. It will also make your eyes a little cloudy, but it goes away after a second or two. I am terrible at trying to multi-task and usually end up with stuff in my eyes, so I am speaking from experience. ;)


Price-  $26 at Sephora

 
Ingrediants: Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-20 Hexacaprylate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Dextrin Palmitate, Menthol, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copper Chlorophyll, Water/Aqua/Eau, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Butylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Dipalmitate.
 
 
Have you ever tried any Boscia products before?
If so, what did you think?
 
 

29 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing this for so long! It sounds like it does a better job than what I'm using now. I use Philosophy Purity to wash my face/remove my makeup but then I have to wash it again because it makes me break out if I don't so I've been looking to replace it. Figures I had to buy the GIANT pump bottle of the Purity so I'm slowly working through it. lol I've used the Bosica Purifying Gel Cleanser and it was really nice!
    -Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for reviewing this! I am always in need of a good eye-makeup remover!! Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only tried the Boscia blotting papers. But I liked them!! I think Boscia is a good brand though!!

    Im your newest follower

    http://www.mymakeupboxes.blogspot.com

    XOXO Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever heard of or tried their detoxifying black cleanser? I have that written down as one of my "have to try" products. I've never used Boscia before.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I love Boscia's Pore Purifying Black Strips (Pore strips) and I hope to do a review on them soon! :)
    http://thechicconfessions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried those before. I will have to check them out! Can't wait to read your review on them! :D

      Delete
  6. this sounds amazing i havent tried it before but i will definitely be giving it a go now! great review :)
    http://allthingsbeautybytiarni.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried this before! I have super sensitive skin so I'm always leery about new or different products for my face.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amanda!

    I have never tried Boscia before, but I am def looking for a new eye makeup remover. I need to step outside my box lol. This sounds like it works well, thanks for the review!

    Stoping by from the hop <3
    Janelle

    Ps A couple beauty bloggers and I created a FB group for all Beauty Bloggers feel free to join :)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/517645111584979/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in love with Boscia's green tea blotting linens. I seriously have packs of them in my car, purse, and bathroom lol

    I've seen this around but haven't tried it yet. I'm totally like you when it comes to being a little iffy on spreading oil all over my face so definitely update if you try it out that way!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely update you if I do get brave and try it. I will have to try out the blotting linens!!

      Delete
  10. Hi! follow me back at http://lefthandedideas.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't tried a whole lot of stuff from them but I think they are overall pretty good. I'm a little leery about using an oil to remove makeup all over my face too. Honestly I have used baby shampoo for years.. lolol I should probably invest in something a little more grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog xx
    Check out www.Missyanneboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the review, I will make sure not to get it in my eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I would! It isn't the best feeling :/

      Delete
  14. New follower from Beauty By T.

    I appreciate product reviews so much. They really help make wise spending decisions. Thank you for doing them.

    Danette
    All My Love for All My Days
    www.danettedillon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you ao much for reading them!! :)

      Delete
  15. I've never tried Boscia before. I always get product in my eyes too lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Amanda Mae


    Thanks for coming by my blog!
    (Iampiscesw)

    I have followed you using my Followers to Friends account


    >Sherry/Iampiscesw
    Sylvia/sweetpeasylvie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never tried it before but it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hmmm, that sounds lovely :3 i love mint, so that would definitely be a bonus!
    *new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This came at the perfect time. I'm running dangerously low on makeup remover and I'll need to get some soon. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for this. Thanks for linking up with Wednesday Walkabout!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds lovely, mint is refreshing. :)

    Julie
    http://sweetsaremyweakness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Newest follower from the walkabout!! Loving your blog- cant wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...