Thursday, August 16, 2012

Review: Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H



I went to Sephora a little over a month ago and asked them to help me find a new foundation. I was tired of the MAC one I had been using. I wanted something new, something fresh. The sweet little Sephora lady (I say little because she was seriously 4' tall) recommended the fairly new Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H foundation. Once she applied it to my face I knew I had to have it. Goodbye my ol' faithful friend, MAC! Hello Lancôme :)





I don't know how true the 24 hour wear is since I don't think I have ever wore my makeup for a full 24 hours. It does last from the moment I get up in the morning for work until the moment I take it off when I am getting ready for bed. It is buildable and very easy to blend. Even though it is medium to full coverage, it feels very light on your skin. I love that it has SPF 15 in it and is oil-free, fragrance-free, and non-comedogenic. It has a matte finish to it, so I would recommend this for combination to oily skin. I don't really think it is not moisturizing enough for dry skin. I love the pump applicator. It really helps you get only the amount you need without wasting a ton of the product.



 I am the shade 110 Ivorie C - Which is the 2nd lightest shade they have. I am a little pale thing. haha


Blended in.
Ignore the weird shiney spot on my had...It's a scar from when I burnt my hand on an oven when I was very young. It always looks shiney in pictures..weird.


Cons:
Price
At Sephora it is $44.

Packaging
It is in a glass bottle. Even though it looks very nice and classy I am a very clumsy person. I am so scared I am going to drop it and the foundation and glass will go EVERYWHERE!


 

 So have you tried Lancôme's Teint Idole Ultra 24H?
If so, What did you think?

What is your favorite foundation?


10 comments:

  1. I have been using MAC for some time now, and I want to change it up as well! Maybe Makeup Forever is my next pick but I'm not sure..I have a lot more studio fix left:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAHH. Another foundation review that I now want to try!! I have at least 4 that I want now!
    - L

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd really like to try this foundation, matte finish is tempting me! :)
    And don't worry about the glass packaging, usually they're very resistant to falls! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a sample of this when it first came out in February and had to have it! It is my FAVORITE foundation ever (beating out Chanel's Vitalumiere), like you said the wear is awesome and I'm a 100 (paler than pale) the color is dead on. Love it! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you a regular Sephora shopper? There is one in downtown and I'm soooo tempted to go but I'm a penny pinching miser...okay maybe not that bad but I still can't imagine spending $44 dollars on foundation no matter how much I loved it.... well maybe I could. I don't know. I've never had a makeup I loved enough to spend that much on. How's that? I'm a CG from Walmart budget lady. But I'm always tempted....

    Also, wanted to let you know I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award: http://msmorgansrealitycheck.blogspot.com/2012/08/versatile-blogger-award-pt2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makeup Forever is my favourite and I repurchased it but when I'm done this one I want to def try something different!

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have tried and I quite liked it although Im not sure if its worth the money that it costs here(43 euros).
    found you through BBU Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh this looks good, but goodness me it sounds expensive over there! In England it costs £23! I might check this out, I've been meaning to get a new foundation lately :)

    Found you via the BBU blog hop btw! I would have commented on your latest post but I didn't want to interfere with it because I'm from England and not the USA/Canada. >.<

    Hope you're having a lovely day! <3

    Mary :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do try out the Foundation, you will have to let me know what you think! I'm sorry the giveaway isn't international. I am hoping to have another one in the future that can be international. :)

      Delete
  9. Hey! I tried this foundation and it worked well but just felt a little too heavy on my face. My favs are L'Oreal true match & Laura Mercier Silk Creme for foundations. :)

    http://www.purple-shampoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at maclove1017@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...