Monday, August 6, 2012

Review: L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Balm


Over the weekend I was on the hunt for a new lipstick/lip balm. My lips were a little dry, but I didn't want to wear chapstick..I wanted a pretty color to my lips, so I went with a balm. I was lured in to L'Oreal Paris' Colour Riche Balms because of their adorable packaging. I had such a hard time choosing which shade I wanted. They all looked so pretty! I decided to go with Caring Coral. This was the first time I had tried any of the L'Oreal balms so I was curious to see if the actual product was as nice as the packaging.

First what they say:

Indulge your lips with Colour Riche Balm. This tinted SPF 15 lip balm provides a hint of luscious, kissable color, smoothing lips instantly and for a full 8 hours of continious hydration. Lips are softer and more supple all day long- and keeps conditioning even after it's been removed.

Available in 8 shades: Pink Satin, Rose Elixir, Tender Mauve, Heavenly Berry, Plush Plum, Caring Coral, Nourishing Nude, and Caramel Comfort.





What I say:

The Caring Coral is such a gorgeous color! It is very sheer, but can be build-able. I did feel like my lips were very moisturized after using the balm. It didn't last for 8 hours like they say it is supposed to though. It has a very lovely smell to it, almost candy like. The packaging is beyond adorable. It has a very classy look to it. I love the fact that it has SPF 15 in it. I do wish there was more of a color selection though since there are only 8 shades.



Overall:
If you are looking for something very pigmented, then this is not the product for you. If you are looking for something with a hint of color and moisturizing, then it is definitely worth your money. I only paid $5.97 for this at Wal-Mart. I will be purchasing this product in the different shades.



Ingrediants:
 Active (W/W): Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 3%. G848249 Inactive (W/W): Polybutene, Octyldodcanol, Ozokerite, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Diisostearyl Malate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Synthetic Florphlogopite, Alumina, Benzyl Alcohol, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Fragrance. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides, Red 7, Red 22 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine. F.I.L. B41366/3.


Have you tried this balm? If so, what are your thoughts on it?


22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is such a gorgeous color! I am very curious to see the other colors.

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried this but it looks nice. I know what you mean about wanting a bit of color, it can make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really can! Even if it is just a tiny bit of color.

      Delete
  3. you should have showed us how it looks on your lips. that color is a great shade but thanks for letting us know that if we want something more pigmented then to find something else

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! I do wish it was a tad bit more pigmented, but I still really love this product! I will have to take a picture of me wearing it.

      Delete
  4. I really like how this colour looks, i wish these were a little bit more pigmented though!
    Would love to try Rose Elixir.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it would have been nice to have a little bit more of pigmentation, but it really is nice! I bet the Rose Elixir would be gorgeous!

      Delete
  5. I like that this is only slightly tinted...I have such a hard time with lipsticks!

    I've nominated you for a blog award. Check it out here...http://www.harlowsexclusive.com/2012/08/the-liebster-award.html.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always see these at Wal-Mart but I always walk right by, I may just have to get one on my next visit:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Make sure you let me know what you think if you do get one. :)

      Delete
  7. i'm in love with this!

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't tried these but I always look at them in the stores. I may have to try on next time I see them, I really like the shade you got! xx
    Beauty by T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check them out! The Caring Coral is such a beautiful color. Let me know if you do decide to get one.

      Delete
  9. Oh I love that!! The packaging is so cute too! I'm always looking for lipbalms that apply like a lipstick because I hate getting it on my fingers!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is definitely adorable. It is really what made me want to buy it. I know what you mean about getting the lipstick on you. I usually end up with everywhere..not sure how it happens though!

      Delete
  10. I am a fan of this balm! I like it much more than the baby lips product that is also out there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...