Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Social: All About Food



Happy Sunday! I am seriously not ready for the work week to begin. The weekend needs to slow down, so I can enjoy it for just a little while longer. Since it is Sunday, you know what that means...It's time for the Sunday Social with Ashley and Neely.  Have you linked up yet? If not, please come and join us! It's a lot of fun getting to know other bloggers and reading everyone's answers to the questions. This week the questions are all about the good stuff....FOOD!!

1. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
definitely seafood! I am a huge seafood person. My dad was raised in Florida, so ever since I can remember my dad had us all eating every kind of seafood there is.

2. What's your guilty pleasure/comfort food?
Mac -n- Cheese. I love just making some Easy Mac for a snack..quick & easy! I seriously eat some pretty much every single day. My husband is so tired of Mac -n- Cheese. haha

3. What's the weirdest/craziest thing you've ever eaten?
hmm...probably octopus.

4. What foods do you avoid at all costs?
onions! I hate onions. YUCK!

5. What meal reminds you of your childhood?
Egg in a Hole or Egg in Bread (there is about a million different names for it) my best friend's mom used to make it for my best friend and I almost every single morning during the summer. I practically lived at her house for several years. If you have never heard of it, google it! It is so delicious!!! I would always try to make it, but mine never turned out as good as hers.

6. Share one of your favorite recipes and the story behind it.


Parmesan Baked Salmon
Recipe can be found HERE.

It is so easy to make and is delicious! There really isn't a story behind it except that my husband and I love salmon and this was actually the very first thing I cooked for him when we were dating. Try it out and let me know what you think :)



I hope everyone had an amazing weekend! What are some of your favorite foods?


P.S. I am now on Instagram...come follow me: SouthernGlamourista




37 comments:

  1. The weirdest food I've ever SEEN was definitely an octopus. My friends and I played around with our forks with one once, but couldn't bring ourselves to actually taste it. Looks so slimy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hilarious! It is definitely very slimy!

      Delete
  2. Hey Amanda

    I would hate octopus as well...I am so sure.
    I read you blog and just realized you are married :O You don't look so honey. So pretty you are!
    Here's link to my answers, you have been tagged..

    http://getmegorgeous.blogspot.in/2012/08/sunday-social-all-about-food.html

    Shikha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am married :) It will be 2 years this October. Thank you so much for the compliment! Yay I am so glad you did the link up!!!

      Delete
  3. Egg in the hole!! I forgot all about that - so yummy! We always had it when we were camping :) My hubby and I are the opposite about Mac-N-Cheese. He loves it and could eat it every day. I could take it or leave it. Happy Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, how can you not eat mac-n-cheese everyday?!? LOL We are going camping in about 2 months, so I will have to remember to make the egg in a hole when we go. I didn't think about fixing them while camping..great idea!

      Delete
  4. Egg in a whole!

    Wow I used to eat that all the time when I was younger! Lol

    Following you :)

    xo

    Christina
    Livinglaughinglovingx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by. Aren't they so delicious?! Makes me want one right now. :D

      Delete
  5. We have a lot of food things in common! Thanks for following my blog! I have been following Southern Glamourista for quite some time. I can't wait to enter your first giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you so much for following my blog Tia! I am so excited for my first giveaway and have some amazing things in store for it! :)

      Delete
  6. Don't know how people don't just love seafood! We for sure have this in common! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! I could eat it.. all day..everyday! :D

      Delete
  7. I looove shrimp and flounder. So so good.

    I could eat mac n cheese every day too but my stomach just won't allow it :( :( :(

    The salmon looks good I've never had it before and would like to try some!

    Ashley
    ashleyspain.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try the salmon. It is delicious!

      Delete
  8. I love Mac-N-Cheese too..... I was buying some at Costco and the lady asked me if it was for my kids. I guess I am too old for buying Mac-N-Cheese in bulk :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is hilarious! You are definitely not too old to buy it in bulk. I probably have enough in my pantry to feed about 4 families. LOL

      Delete
  9. that salmon recipe sounds great! i love salmon!

    Have a great day! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it out! It is delicious!

      Delete
  10. Hi, thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Im now a follower of yours as well :) Im from FL actually, I miss it there so much!

    www.MrsJenniferLynn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog as well! I would love to move to FL and live the near the beach!

      Delete
  11. I loved reading this! I think I'll link up next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never eaten octopus. My hubby will eat calamari (squid, I think). The oddest thing I've ever eaten was deer meat...so yeah, I'm not really adventurous when it comes to food LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just tried deer meat for the first time this past weekend. I have to say it's not that bad. I just can't get bambi out of my head. My husband loves deer meat!

      Delete
  13. Stopping by from the linkup! I love Mac & cheese too! I love onions grilled & fried haha! Xox Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kelly. And a big YUCK on the onions! LOL

      Delete
  14. Hi, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!

    http://www.thebeautythinktank.com/2012/08/the-liebster-award.html
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. your fish recipe looks amazing. If only I liked fish la sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh you don't like fish! but it's sooo good! lol :)

      Delete
  16. But Mac and cheese is delicious! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Octopus? Does that taste anything like calamari? The weirdest thing i've probably ate would maybe be alligator (taste pretty much like chicken) or frog legs (not good.. they are horrible gross but way to gamey).

    My fave food would probably be something chicken.

    xoxo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow- you are quite the dare devil when it comes to trying out food. I have heard a lot of people say alligator tastes just like chicken. Frog legs? yucky!!

      Delete
  18. I just started eating octopus and it is sooo good! Looks slimy and weird but it is good! Your salmon recipe looks good, here in the Mediterranean we also cook it with plenty of olive oil, garlic, olives, fresh tomatoes, capers and fresh basil. You should try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUM! The way you make salmon sounds amazing! I am going to have to try it that way. Thanks girl!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...