Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ipsy February 2013

 
Hey beauties- Happy Valentines Day!
 So after seeing a few posts about  the latest bags from Ipsy I decided to start my subscription back. I have to admit when I was getting this service a few months ago I started getting disappointed month after month and finally cancelled. From what I have seen it looks like since they changed the name from MyGlam to Ipsy, they have definitely improved with better brands and better deluxe sized samples.
 
 
I am not crazy about this month's bag. It is a black shiny material with red on the inside. It has the Ipsy logo on the inside as well. It is just a little too boring for me! I like designs on my makeup bag, like cute flowers or something! It's not the worst bag that I have received from Ipsy, but it's definitely not my favorite!
 
 
 
Here is everything I got in February's Ipsy Bag....
 
 
Pixi Flawless & Poreless Face Primer
 
This is definitely a good sized sample! It is 0.5 FL OZ in size.
 I will definitely be able to get a few good uses out of it. I am really excited about this product. It is Oil Free and hypoallergenic which sounds amazing to my sensitive skin!
 
 
Pop Beauty Smokey Kapow Mascara in Smokey Black
 
Another really great sized sample! I am really glad that is in Black and not a crazy color like purple that I probably would never wear. I am very excited to try out this mascara!
 
 
Micabeauty Gel Eyeliner in Black
 
I have actually never heard of MicaBeauty Cosmetics, so I am thrilled to try it out. Maybe even have a new favorite makeup brand?! OK I am jumping the gun a little, but I love discovering new brands- well new to me at least! I don't know if it's just me or is this an actual full sized item?!?! It doesn't have the size listed on the product, but when I went to the website it looked like it could be the full sized version.
 
 
Lash Card
 
You get 4 Mascara shields that prevent smudging and clumping. They are ideal for separating lashes, layering mascara, hard to reach lashes, and bottom lashes. I also think they would be great for catching eyeshadow! I am very anxious and curious about this product! I do have a hard time getting those bottom lashes, so this could be an answered prayer?? ;)
 
 
"In the Spotlight" Eye Shadow Sample Set from Coastal Scents
 
I was thrilled when I saw this cute little set in the bag! I have never tried any eye shadows from Coastal Scent, but have always wanted to! I always see other beauty gurus talking about how great their shadows are! Ipsy sent out two different eyeshadow sets: a silver one and a gold one. I received the gold set.
 
the names of the shades starting with top row left to right:
Dark Goldenrod, Sunbeam
 
Bottom Row, left to right:
Golden Globe, Dark Golden Olive
 
 
 
 
 
 
So I am pretty impressed with this month's Ipsy.
I got good sized samples and possibly a full-sized item...not bad at all, if you ask me!
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Just like you, I once received myglam bags and then cancelled. I am very interested in signing up again now that they seem to be much improved! These are great makeup samples and sizes! Thanks for sharing!

    xo, Mal
    Pastels and Mascara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know girl! I am very impressed with it! Can't wait to see what next month's has in store. Thanks for checking out my post :)

      Delete
  2. The gel eyeliner is definitely full sized! I wasn't terribly fond of the bag either, but the contents are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. okay I am glad I wasn't just thinking it was. That is so awesome that it actually is full sized!!

      Delete
  3. I haven't gotten around to posting my ipsy bag yet but I'm with you I wasn't thrilled with the makeup bag design this month it was just meh! The eyeshadows are really nice though I did find the yellow one to be a bit chalky.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...