Monday, February 18, 2013

Putting a Dupe To The Test

Hey Beauties! I hope you all had an amazing weekend.
 
So I am sure everyone has heard/seen about a million dupes for Benefit's High Beam, but if not..get ready because I am about to test one of the most "claimed" dupes out and see if it really should be put in the "dupe" category. If you are unfamiliar with Benefit's High Beam..then allow me to introduce this product to you. It is a highlighter that can be used on the cupid's bow, arch of the eyebrows, cheekbones, or anywhere else your little heart desires some highlighting. It has been said that it is the best highlighter on the market! In other words, it has quite the reputation! Well, I am putting one of the most popular dupes of this product to the test,
E.L.F.'s Shimmering Facial Whip.
 
 

As you can tell from the picture, the Facial Whip looks
 a little darker than High Beam.
 
 
Let's compare the two products....
 
 
E.L.F.'s Shimmering Facial Whip- $1.00
Found at places like: eyeslipsface's website or Target
 
E.L.F.'s Shimmering Facial Whip is a squeezable tube. I am not crazy about that because it is super easy to squeeze too much out and end up wasting a lot of product that way. You need a teeny tiny amount to apply on your skin.
 
 
Benefit's High Beam- Price: $26.00
Found at places like: Sephora
 
High Beam is almost like nail polish. You basically paint it on your skin! I really really enjoy the application of this product! You don't have to worry about getting too much out.
 
 
 
 
Final Verdict: 
After swatching the two products on my hand I think the E.L.F.'s Shimmering Facial Whip is a teensy tiny bit darker. Not by much though...they definitely look a lot alike. So much alike that once you apply them to your cheekbones you can not tell a difference between the two at all! I wore one on each cheek and no one could tell I was wearing two different products. They both wore off around the same time. The only difference I could really find was that the Facial Whip has a bit of a scent to it. It's actually a really yummy smell- it sorta reminded me of candy? It wasn't overwhelming though and you can't smell it after a few seconds after application. High Beam does not have a scent. Depending on your preference, that could possible be a deal breaker if you don't like scented products.
 
 
So, yes I have to agree that E.L.F.'s Shimmering Facial Whip is definitely a dupe for Benefit's High Beam. Even though I really prefer the High Beam's "nail polish-esque" applicator..I say save yourself $25 and buy the Shimmering Facial whip for only $1.00. I mean wow the exact same product for only $1.00! That's insane!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...