Monday, February 4, 2013

Review: MUA Undressed Palette

Hey girls! I apologize for the long gap since my last post. I had the flu pretty bad and have been working a lot of hours at work. I have had very little time for relaxation. Hopefully things won't be as hectic and I can get back to posting more.
 
So anyways, my favorite UK Blogger, Claire from PinkChickClaire, and I had another Beauty Swap a few weeks back. She sent me some AMAZING stuff that I am so excited to share with y'all. I will have a post up later this week with all of the goodies she sent me. She sent me not just one MUA Palette, but two. MUA (Makeup Academy) is quickly becoming one of my favorite makeup brands. Not only are they reasonably priced, but they also have great quality.
 
Two of the most known products from MUA are the Heaven & Earth Palette and the Undressed Palette. I have been wanting to try both of them out for so long, so I made sure to put them on my wish list for Claire.
 
Here is the Undressed Palette:
 
 
MUA does not have names for their eyeshadows in the palette.
They call them shade 1, shade 2, etc....
 
Here is a closer look at the top row..
 
 
 
A closer look at the bottom row...
 


I am in love with this palette!
The eyeshadows are highly pigmented and are easily blendable .
The palette is mixed with matte shadows and shimmery ones.
It is great for neutral looks, but could also make a nice smokey eye as well.
It is in a plastic case which kind of worries me because I am really clumsy and I could probably see myself breaking the lid.
I am going to cross my fingers and hope that doesn't happen! ;)
 
It comes with a double ended sponge applicator. I don't really see myself using it, but it's great to have it if you accidentally forget your eyeshadow brush and are out somewhere.
 
A lot of people say that the Undressed Palette is a Dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Palette. After looking at the shadows in person--I have to agree with them! It is definitely a great dupe for the UD Palette. Two of my favorite bloggers, Stephanie and Laura, did a comparison post on the two palettes. If you would like to read it, click HERE to visit their blog, A Brunette Duet.
 
The bad part about this palette...
it is not sold in the US :(
You have to buy it online and pay for the shipping, but I did hear that the shipping isn't too expensive and they get it to you pretty fast.
Plus, if you like MUA on Facebook they post specials and have free international shipping sometimes.
So definitely check that out!!
 
The best thing about this palette is the PRICE!
You can get this baby for only £4.00 which is around $6.28.
Since the UD Naked Palette is $50..I think this is an AMAZING deal!
 
 
To visit MUA's website, click HERE.
You can also find MUA at Superdrug which is the UK version of Drugstore.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. They both look Amazing, so up my alley!!!! Love shades like these;) hope your better now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am feeling much better!! You should definitely look into getting it girl!!

      Delete
  2. i am doing a swap with a uk blogger and was one of the first things on my list!! love the colours and for the price you just cant go wrong :D
    http://www.thelilywhiteenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very happy to see you back! Hope you are feeling 100%. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...