Saturday, March 2, 2013

Review: e.l.f.'s Eyelid Primer

 
Hey beauties!
I have never really tried any products from the brand, e.l.f., until recently.
 I have to admit I have always thought since they are extremely inexpensive that they would be cheaply made and not worth spending any money on.
I have now a few products from them and
 I was definitely wrong with my earlier statement.
The products that I have tried from the brand I really like!
 
 
I ran out of my beloved NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
(for my review of this product click HERE) about 2 weeks ago.
I didn't feel like driving to Sephora (about 45 min drive from my house),
so I just went to Target to see what I could find.
 I ended up getting the Eyelid Primer by E.L.F.
 
 
 
The eyelid primer is amazing! It helped my eyeshadow last almost all day. I did have a little bit of creasing after about 10 hours, but hey I think that's still pretty good! It has a doe-foot applicator so you basically just paint it on your eyelids and then blend it in with your finger all over the lid and under the bottom eyelashes (or at least that's how I apply mine). I got the "sheer-toned" one, so it has a skin-toned color to it. I am really not crazy about the packaging though..it is really hard to get all of the product out of it once you get close to using most of the product and get to close to the bottom. I did have that same problem with Urban Decay's Primer Potion and NARS' Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Base, so I wouldn't say this is a "deal-breaker".
I would definitely recommend this product!
 
Best thing about this product?!?!
It is only $1
whaaat?!?! yep, that's right..just a buck!
 
 
Where to buy:
 
 
post signature

4 comments:

  1. I have a few of these tubes - I use them for all of my swatches and they work really well!

    Jessi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this primer!! For $1 you can't beat it. This and Urban Decay are my favorites.

    Take Care,
    Mandy Jean
    www.mandyjeanchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does work well and its better than not using any primer! I do find that it sometimes creases though. I like to use it when I'm not really worried about my makeup staying all day! But for a dollar, its pretty awesome!

    ninikat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome find! Do you use it as a placeholder for NARS or has it replaced it? I totally have to try it! :) -S

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...