Monday, May 13, 2013

Review: OraMD "The Mouth Doctor"

Hey there! I hope y'all had a wonderful weekend and Mother's Day!
I was sent the OraMD "The Mouth Doctor" a few weeks ago to try out. At first I was very skeptical because I usually don't review products other than makeup or beauty related products, but then as I started thinking about it..how much more beauty related can you get than your hygiene?! You can have your makeup looking flawless, hair done perfectly, but have yellow stained teeth with bad breath and it just completely ruins everything you worked so hard for with your hair and makeup! So I decided I definitely wanted to give this product a go!
Before I tell you my thoughts of the product, let me tell you more about it. The OraMD is a 3 in 1 product: liquid toothpaste, mouthwash, and breath freshener. It is 100% natural. Yep, no harsh chemicals in this bad boy! That right there got my attention..I am a sucker for the au naturale! It is made of 100% Pure Botanical Oils of peppermint, spearmint, and almond. It will help clean your teeth, gums, help fight bad breath and plaque build up. You can choose between Original or Extra Strength.
 
Here are the directions that they sent me on how to use the product effectively:
 
Using it as a toothpaste:
Pour a few drops of OraMd on your toothbrush and brush like you normally would.
 
Using it as a mouthwash:
Put about 2-5 drops in an ounce of water, and then use it like you would a normal mouthwash (swish and gargle)
 
Using it as a breath freshener:
Put a few drops (2-5) drops on the tip of your tongue.
 
My thoughts:
Well, my first thought about this product was that the smell is very intense and strong! I tried it first as the liquid toothpaste and went a little too crazy on pouring the drops on my toothpaste. I learned my lesson very quickly...When it says 2-5 drops, I say use 3 drops at the most. With all of the "mints" that are in the product it can be very overwhelming and may cause you to run to the bathroom spitting it out and screaming because your mouth is burning. Let's just say it is very strong! When I finally realized to go easy on the drops, I really enjoyed the product! It was very useful when my husband and I went to Nashville to watch the Nashville Predators play and we had hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, and peanuts (oh yes, we pigged out haha), but didn't want to pull out a toothbrush and toothpaste in the middle of the game (because everyone always has those handy in the middle of a hockey game). We were able to have fresh breath in a matter of seconds without ever leaving our chairs and missing part of the game. 
 
Packaging:
I think the packaging is cute! If I saw it on someones bathroom counter it would definitely get my attention! It has a shaker top that you just shake to get the drops of oil out. This helps eliminate wasting the product. It is 0.5 ounces which is the perfect size to throw in your purse for on the go. It is glass, so you definitely want to be careful and not put the product somewhere that it could fall and break.

Price:
For 1 bottle: $22.97
For 3 bottles: $45.94

Final thoughts:
After you get used to the strong scent and the tingling sensation you feel when you first start using it, you will have some amazing smelling breath! I go to the Dentist in a few months, so it will definitely be put to the test to see if my dentist says my teeth and gums have improved any. It is on the pricey side, but if you do have problems with bad breath or gum problems and the mouthwash you are using just isn't working, then you may want to give this product a try. I do enjoy this product, but I think I will stick to just using it as a mouthwash. I still prefer using regular toothpaste.

To learn more about this product or to purchase 
visit their website, HERE



Disclaimer:
This product was sent to me for review by OraMD. I'm not being compensated for my review. All thoughts and photos of the products are 100% my own. To read more about my Disclaimer, please click HERE.
  


post signature

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of a product like this, it sounds great! I like the idea of using it on the go when you can't brush your teeth
    Beauty by T
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...