Friday, July 5, 2013

June 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag

Hey beauties!
I hope everyone had an amazing 4th of July!
So today I am going to show y'all everything that I got in my June Ipsy Glam Bag. This month I didn't love everything in the bag, but it was still better than some of my Birchbox's I have received. Every single item in the bag this month was FULL SIZED! That in itself is very impressive! So enough chit-chatting, let's get to the goodies in the bag already!!
 
This month's theme was "On the Wild Side"
I absolutely love the bag this month! The leopard print with the neon touches are so adorable!
 
The first item is Nyx's Rouge Cream Blush in Bronze Goddess.

 
It is a gorgeous, sheer bronze cream that seems to be very buildable. It does have a bit of a shimmer to it, but I think it will still be good to contour with. If not, I think it will be great to add a bit of color to my cheeks! I do have very oily skin, so I am anxious to see how a "cream" blush holds up! I have a feeling this is definitely more for those with dry skin, but who knows! It may surprise me! I will definitely keep you guys updated!

 
This item retails for $6.00 on the Nyx Cosmetics Website.
(I actually didn't see this actual shade on the website though)
 
 
 The next item is the J. Cat Beauty Sparkling Cream Palette in Volta. When I first saw it, I was very excited to try it out! It looks so pretty and I thought it would be very fun on a night out on the town. But once I tried to swatch it..I was very disappointed! It basically fell apart and crumbled off of my fingers. YUCK! It also had no staying power at all.
After my failed attempt at a swatch, I decided to go to Facebook to see if others were having the same problems I was with this eyeshadow. Turns out they were and then I noticed that Ipsy wrote on their Facebook page that this is meant more for a body glitter than an eyeshadow....WHAT?!!?? Then why is there eyeshadow brushes in the palette? That's definitely a bit confusing!
I won't be using this product anytime soon, but hey at least it was a full sized item, right?!
 
This item retails for $4.49 on the J. Cat Beauty Website.
 
Starlooks' Lip Pencil in Bare is the next item. I really love this lip pencil. It is very creamy and very pigmented. It is a matte nude color.  

I even like the sleek packaging!
 
The lip liner retails for $12.00 on the Starlooks Website.
 
 
Another favorite item in this month's bag is Chella's Ivory Lace Highlighter.

It is very creamy and makes an excellent brow highlighter. It is great in the inner eye corner as well. I haven't tried it yet, but I bet it would even be great on the waterline. It is such a beautiful color. I also like the packaging of this product as well!
 
This product retails for $18.00 on the Chella Website.
 
Here is a swatch of the Lip Liner and the Highlighter!
 
The last item in the Ipsy Glam Bag is eyelashes & eyelash glue from J. Cat Beauty. I am very happy that is comes with eyelash glue. I usually don't wear fake eyelashes very often, but think it could be fun!
 
This item retails for $3.99 on the J. Cat Beauty Website.
 
 
My favorite item this month?
The Chella Highlighter
 
My least favorite item?
The J. Cat Beauty Sparkling Cream Palette
(I guess that one was obvious) ;)
 
The total price of everything in June's Ipsy Glam bag is....
$44.48
 
 
What did you think about this month's Ipsy Glam Bag?
 
 
Want to learn more about Ipsy and possibly get your own bag?
Click HERE* to go to their website.
 
 
Disclaimer:
* means referral link.
 
Other ways to follow Southern Glamourista: //Twitter//Blog Lovin'//Instagram// post signature

5 comments:

  1. The NYX blush is AWESOME! stunning!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome items and I love the cute bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I think it's my favorite bag I have received from Ipsy!

      Delete
  3. I have no idea what to do with the glitter! :( mine was similar but different shades

    http://guiltlust.blogspot.ca/2013/07/late-post-junes-glam-bag-on-wild-side.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...