Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Review: Studio Gear's CC Cream

Hey guys!
So today I am going to review Studio Gear's CC Cream. I was very excited when they sent me this product to review because I had never tried a CC Cream before. So I was very curious to learn more about this CC Cream. I was sent a sample size in the shade Linen.
 
What is a CC Cream you ask?
A CC Cream, also known as Color Control cream, or color correcting cream, is a refined BB Cream (blemish balm cream) created and developed in Korea. CC cream was developed to retain all the skincare benefits of BB Cream with added nourishing ingredients and the additional aim to provide more effective skin coverage. CC cream's benefits are reputed to include sun protection as well as better coverage, blending, and treatment of uneven skin tones than BB Creams.
 
 
What Studio Gear claims about their CC Cream...
Transform and enhance your complexion with the newest revolution in beauty – Studio Gear Color Correcting Cream. This incredibly light formula can simultaneously fight aging, retain moisture, and cover and treat blemishes with a non-oily, perfectly radiant finish.
Key Benefits:
- Prevents fine lines and wrinkles with collagen-building ingredients
- Restores skin elasticity by promoting moisture retention
- Brightens and luminates skin with a non-oily, complete coverage application
 
Formula/Texture: It is very lightweight and very moisturizing. They say it is supposed to moisturize for up to 72 hours. I am not sure the exact amount of time I felt moisturized, but it definitely did a great job at making my face feel moisturized. It is light to medium coverage and has SPF 20 in it. It is a creamy white color, but once applied to the skin and blended in, it adapts to your skin tone. I applied it with my fingers, my buffing brush, and my BeautyBlender. It was very blendable with all three methods. I have to say though my favorite was the BeautyBlender.
 
 
Staying Power: I do have very oily skin, so I did have to apply matte powder after about 4-5 hours when I used a primer. So for those with oily skin I would definitely recommend a primer to help keep the CC Cream longer lasting.
 
*This picture was sent to me from Studio Gear.
 
 
Color Selection: I think this is probably the only downfall about Studio Gear's CC Cream. There is only three shades available: Linen (what I got), Natural, and Wheat.
 
Price: $34.00
 
Where to buy: Studio Gear
 
 
My Final Thoughts: I am very impressed with this CC Cream. It doesn't even feel like you are wearing anything, but still does a great job of coverage. I was able to build it up to the medium coverage that I prefer without it becoming cakey. The shade linen was perfect for skin tone. I love the fact that it has SPF20 in it. I would recommend this product to those who like a light to medium coverage and for those who don't like the heavy feel that some foundations leave. 
 
Disclaimer:
This product was sent to me for review. I'm not being compensated for my review. All thoughts and photos of the products are 100% my own, unless specified with an *.
To read more about my Disclaimer, please click HERE.
 
 
 
Other ways to follow Southern Glamourista: //Twitter//Blog Lovin'//Instagram// post signature

2 comments:

  1. pricey product but looks really cool!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is on the pricier side, but definitely worth it!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...