Monday, November 25, 2013

Drugstore VS. Hi-End: Hair Oil

Happy Monday y'all!
So have you ever had the tough decision of deciding between a hi-end product and a drugstore version of the same type of product? I know I have...way too many times! You always want to know if spending that extra money on the hi-end product is actually worth it! Well, I have decided to compare some drugstore products verses the hi-end product. 

Today's post will be all about Hair Oils!


Drugstore: L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Multi-Restorative Dry Oil
Hi-End: Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum


Ok, so let's talk about the Drugstore Product first..

This hair oil can be used on dry hair or damp hair. It is an advanced treatment with ceramide that helps seal split ends. It is supposed to tame flyaways, and infuse lasting, luminous shine. It does have a spray nozzle and has a nice scent to it. If you do spray it on your hair you do need to brush the product throughout your hair or else you will only have product in one part of your hair. But that is with any product that has a spray nozzle. 

I really enjoyed this product when I used it. I could definitely tell a difference in my hair. My hair did seem a lot more shinier that usual and felt very soft. I don't have anything bad to say about the product! I was impressed with this hair oil.

Price: $5.99 


Now for the Hi-End product...
This hair oil is supposed to help with frizz control, instant shine, and also help seal split ends. They say your hair will instantly feel and look healthier, silkier and shiny. This bottle has a pump nozzle which is a huge plus for me. This way you can choose how much product you want without having to waste a lot of product. It also has a very nice scent to it which they describe as natural geranium and bergamot fruit oils.  

I have to say this product is good, but it isn't great. It didn't give me that wow effect
I didn't really notice in my hair when I used it. 

Price: $30.00


So after going over both products, I have to say save your money and go for the Drugstore Product.

The winner of this challenge goes to:
L'Oreal's Total Repair 5 Multi-Restorative Dry Oil




Other ways to follow Southern Glamourista: //Twitter//Blog Lovin'//Instagram// post signature

5 comments:

  1. I love this!!! I love when the drugstore brand is better than the name brand. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I love being able to save money, but still get a great product!

      Delete
  2. What to say i praise of this blog, which contains a lot of amazing information as well as the thoughtful writes.



    Best hair oil

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...