Sunday, December 15, 2013

Review: CoverGirl Whipped Creme



Hey guys! Happy Happy Happy Sunday to ya! 
Today's post is going to be about Covergirl's Whipped Creme Foundation. I was sent this product for review and was so excited to try it out because I have never tried anything like it before. It is a mousse foundation which is definitely stepping out of my comfort zone. I have always tried to stay away from mousse consistency foundations because I felt like it would make my oily skin an even oilier hot mess! But I decided to give it a whirl and I was actually pretty shocked that it wasn't as bad as I thought. 


What they say:
Our new lightweight whipped creme foundation gives your skin a boost of moisture without the greasy, shiny finish. You’ll love the dreamy, 100% breathable formula that leaves your skin looking smooth, natural, and matte. Available in 10 shades to match your skin tone. 


My thoughts:
My initial first thought of this foundation was how smooth and easy it was to apply. I tried using both my fingers and a foundation brush.. I ended up liking using my fingers better. It does feel very lightweight and can definitely be buildable. I would say it is more light to medium coverage. A little definitely goes a long way with this foundation. I accidentally put way too much on the first time and had to start all over, so I learned my lesson rather quickly. It made my skin feel very silky. 

I didn't like the lasting power of this foundation. After about 4 hours, it was like I was not wearing any foundation at all. I was in shock! I didn't know if it was just because of my oily skin that made the foundation completely disappear ..so I looked online to see if others were having the same problem as I was or if it was just me..turns out I wasn't the only one. A lot of others were complaining about the lasting problems. 

So overall, trying a mousse foundation wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I just wish this would have had longer lasting power. 


What do you think about mousse foundations? 
Love them or Hate them? 

Disclaimer:
I was sent this product for review. All pictures and thoughts are 100% my own though. To read more about my disclaimer, please click HERE



Other ways to follow Southern Glamourista: //Twitter//Blog Lovin'//Instagram// post signature

2 comments:

  1. I remember seeing/reading other people say the same thing about the lasting power. I haven't tried this foundation but didn't really want to because of that reason. Too bad it didn't last throughout the day or it could have been a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking into trying a new drugstore foundation any suggestions. I heard loreal is nice!
    xo,
    http://missmelissafashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...