Friday, September 12, 2014

Review: Estee Lauder Double Wear Makeup



Happy Friday loveys!
So today's post is dedicated to Estee Lauder's Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup. 
I have been wearing this foundation for about two months now.
This foundation is a medium to full foundation and is great for those of us that have oily skin. Usually my oily skin breaks through makeup and by the end of the day, I have no foundation left on my face.  This foundation seriously does not budge! I will say that when you first apply this makeup it does feel a little thick on your face, but after a few minutes after applying it you will not feel it. This foundation is also great for anyone that does have redness or scars since it is a medium to full foundation. 
It does a great job of hiding imperfections. 



Estee Lauder's Double Wear has a great color selection to fit different skin tones. I was color matched to 2N1 Desert Beige which is a fairly light shade. This foundation is oil-free, dermatologist tested, non-acnegenic so it won't clog your pores, and fragrance-free. Although it is described as non-acnegenic and dermatologist tested it still broke me out. I do have very sensitive skin ad unfortunately my skin didn't like this foundation. It caused me to have a lot of tiny bumps on my forehead and around my jawline. I was really hoping it wasn't the foundation that was causing the break-out, so I stopped using it for a few days to see if I noticed a difference in my skin.... My bumps cleared up immediately. I am very bummed that my skin doesn't like this foundation because I had really high hopes for it. 


Another con about this foundation is that it does not have a pump. It is just an opened bottle. I have a tendency of accidentally pouring too much of the product out, so this was definitely a huge con for me. I have heard that some of the foundations from MAC have pumps that fit this bottle. It is also a glass bottle, so you will definitely have to be very careful. 


Have you tried Estee Lauder's Double Wear 
Foundation before? 
What are your thoughts?


Other ways to follow Southern Glamourista: //Twitter//Blog Lovin'//Instagram// post signature

4 comments:

  1. This is hands down one of my top 3 favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why!! I just wish it didn't break me out :(

      Delete
  2. Hi dear !
    You have such a lovely blog. Would you like to follow each other on gfc/g+/bloglovin ? I also switch textlinks and banners.
    Thanks already & Let me know :)
    xx
    isa | My Blog: Stoer & Sexy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have very oily skin. So far, this has to be my favorite foundation!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...