Thursday, January 8, 2015

How to Winterize Your Nails

Hey loveys!
Winter Weather has definitely came roaring in this past week where I live. We had temperatures that reached in the negatives and wind speeds as high as 60 mph…BRRR! Let's just say I have been hibernating like a baby bear in my warm house. With that cold Winter Weather there are definitely some things in our beauty routine that we need to do to prepare our bodies for that change. I think a very important thing we need to do is "Winterize" our hands and nails. I don't know about you, but when it changes from warm to cold my hands get dry extremely fast and my nails just look so pitiful. I have teamed with Julep to give some very helpful tips and tricks to help winterize your hands and nails and to help them from looking like a hot mess
or should I say a "cold mess." ;)
 
 
So here is a step-by-step guide from Julep on helping prepare your nails for Winter:
 

One of my favorite things to do to help prepare my hands for the harshness of the cold air is to exfoliate and moisturize often. Julep has an amazing hand scrub that I absolutely adore. You can also use something you may already have just laying around your house such as brown sugar mixed with some coconut oil. This makes a great exfoliator and is super cheap too. I try to moisturize my hands and nails as much as possible during the colder months. That cold air will just completely dry your skin out and you will be left with dry, itchy skin that can actually become quite painful if it gets too dry. I tend to get super dry in that area between the thumb and pointer finger. I like to use a good moisturizer throughout the day anytime I able to. I usually leave some lotion in my car, on my desk at work, next to my bed, near the kitchen sink, and anywhere else that I may find myself throughout the day. That way lotion is always nearby and I have no excuses to not moisturize. Another trick I like to do is lather my hands with coconut oil before I go to bed. It can get a bit messy since it is an oil, so I have heard of some people putting their hands in gloves or socks…just so the oil doesn't get everywhere.




Even though you may think that the sun is not out during the Winter time…well, it actually is. So make sure you still put on that sunscreen! A lot of people don't realize it, but you need to put sunscreen on your hands. Your hands can get sunspots and wrinkles from the sun just like any other part of your body...such as your face, so it is always a safe bet to apply sunscreen to them anytime you are going outside.  

 
So now that we have prepared our nails and hands, it is time to give those nails some color.
Here are a few color swatches of Julep's Winter Nail Polishes:


To see more of their Winter Colors, you can access their Nail Polish Page by clicking HERE.

 
 My favorite colors are definitely Betty and Bonnie. I do like to paint my nails a lot during Winter because I feel like everything around me is so bland and boring since most of the plants and flowers are dead. It is nice to see some color. It just puts me in a good mood when I look down at my nails and see a pretty color!
What about you? Are you the same way as I am?

 
So I really hope these tips and tricks have helped you prepare your hands and nails for these upcoming cold Winter months. I would love to know if you do something special to Winterize your nails and hands.
 
 
Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this post. To read more about my Disclaimer, please click HERE.

 
 
Other ways to follow Southern Glamourista: //Twitter//Blog Lovin'//Instagram// post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...