Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Trying to help aging skin....


Hey guys! Happy Wednesday!
So I don't know about you, but I have always been told that the way you take care of your skin when you are young is how your skin will look when you are older. I never really thought about taking that seriously until lately. I have started noticing what they call "crow's feet" by my eyes. yuck! I like to think they are wrinkles from smiling a lot. Well all of sudden I have them and that has put me in full on panic mode. I think I have asked my husband at least 50 times in the past month if I am looking old. So when InstaNatural was offering a few products to review with BrandBacker I couldn't have signed up fast enough. I was sent the Youth Express Eye Gel, Youth Express Eye Serum, and the Advanced Action Retinol Moisturizer.  I have been trying them out for about a week now, so here are my thoughts about each product.
 
First up is the Youth Express Eye Gel...
 
Here is a description about the product straight from their website:
 
 
Our product provides absolute care to the eye area. It is enriched with Plant Stem Cells, Hyaluronic Acid, Matrixyl 3000, Vitamin E and Jojoba Oil to help with dark circles, puffiness and sagging skin. This blend of powerful ingredients increases elasticity and enhances the tone of your skin to provide a firm, plump appearance.
  • Provides ultimate care and protection to eye area
  • Goes on gently and is safe for all skin types
  • Reduces appearance of puffiness and dark circles around eyes
  • Contains organic ingredients and is 100% natural



My thoughts:
I absolutely love that this product is 100% natural. I don't really like to apply anything to my face, especially my eye area, that has harsh chemicals in it. The eye gel comes in a 1.7 Fl Oz/ 50 ML bottle. It has a pump to get the product out...if you have read any of my blog posts before you know I am a huge fan of products that have pumps. It helps so much with getting exactly how much of a product you need and you don't end up wasting a ton of the product this way. It will definitely last you a while. You only need to dab a tiny bit under each eye. A little definitely goes a long way. As you can tell from the picture on the right, the eye gel has a clear consistency. It definitely has the "gel" like texture. Once it soaked in my skin after a few minutes it did not feel heavy on my skin. I actually forgot I even had it on. It actually has a cooling sensation when first applied. I am also a fan of that! I did wear this under my makeup and it actually made my makeup look smoother. Since using this product my eyes do look more "awake". I have noticed a slight change in my dark circles. I have only been using this product for a week and didn't think I would notice any difference at all this soon,
so I am pretty impressed.
 
 
 
Next up is the Youth Express Eye Serum.
 
Here is the company's description of the product from their website:
 
InstaNatural’s Youth Express Eye Serum is a highly concentrated blend of invigorating ingredients designed to restore a youthful appearance to the eye area. Our serum contains an advanced Peptide Complex - along with Plant Stem Cells, Matrixyl 3000, Astaxanthin, Kojic Acid, Caffeine, Passionflower, Niacinamide, Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamins C and E - which help to deliver exceptional results to the under eye area, resulting in a decreased appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles and puffiness.
 
 
 
My Thoughts:
This product comes in a 1 Fl Oz/30 ml bottle that comes with an eye dropper. As you can see the product is bright orange. I was completely shocked when I first pulled the dropper out. The serum absorbs into the skin within a few minutes and the orange color fades rather quickly. It does feel a bit sticky at first, so I would definitely wait until it is completely dry before applying makeup. It does have a very lovely citrusy scent. It is very refreshing. A little definitely goes a long way with this product as well. I was impressed with the size of the bottle. Most serums on the market nowadays come in a teeny tiny little bottle. I believe this product works really well with the Eye Gel. I am noticing a slight change in the feel and appearance of my eyes just in the short amount of time I have been using them.
  
 
 
 
And last but not least is the Advanced Action Retinol Moisturizer...
 
Here is what InstaNatural says about this moisturizer from their website:
InstaNatural’s Retinol Moisturizer contains a robust formula of handpicked ingredients designed to transform older, damaged skin into a healthier and youthful appearance. Retinol is a powerful antioxidant derived from Vitamin A, one of the strongest and most trusted ingredients for anti-aging skin care. Once absorbed, Retinol is converted into Retinoic Acid, which starts working to help restore skin and diminish the appearance of sun damage and signs of aging, such as wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, hyperpigmentation, rough texture, and more.
 
 
 
My Thoughts:
I was most excited to try out this product because well besides the fact that I want to prevent signs of aging, but also to help with hyperpigmentation. I do have a little bit of hyperpigmentation on my skin left from previous acne spots. I couldn't wait to put this product to the test! The moisturizer comes in a bottle similar to the eye gel. It is 3.4 fl oz/100 ml and does have a pump to it as well. It is very creamy and my skin felt so soft instantly after applying it. It does absorb into your skin very quickly and does not feel greasy at all. InstaNatural says that the moisturizer will actually help control breakouts and reduce blemishes. I have to agree with that statement as of right now because I have not broken out at all since using the moisturizer and I do have very sensitive skin. I can say that I have noticed a slight difference in my skin in the short amount of time I have been using it. I do apply a thin layer all of my face right before bedtime. It actually says you can use it day and night, but if you have sensitive skin you should just use it a night. So I figured I better listen to that advice and start out with just one time a day. I have noticed a difference in my cheek area. My skin feels a little more firm. I have noticed very little difference in the discoloration of my hyperpigmentation. I am hoping after a few more weeks of using the moisturizer I will start noticing a drastic change.
 
 
 
My overall thoughts about all three products:
I have noticed a difference in my skin since using all three products. I honestly thought I wouldn't notice a difference in my skin for at least 4-6 weeks. So I am very interested to see what my skin will look and feel like after 4 weeks of using the products. I do think all of the products work well with each other.
I do recommend all three.
 
 
 
 
To learn more about the company and the products:
 
 
Disclaimer: This post was powered by BrandBacker. I was sent the products to review. All pictures are my own and the opinion is 100% my honest opinion.
 
 
 
 
Other ways to follow Southern Glamourista: //Twitter//Blog Lovin'//Instagram// post signature



2 comments:

  1. My friend sent me some products from Mary Kay to help with eye issues haha we shall see if they work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! You'll have to keep me updated on the progress of those products!! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...