Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Review: Covergirl's The Super Sizer Mascara

Well hello there! I hope you are having a wonderful day so far. :)
Do you have that product that when you see it you just smile because it makes you think about warm weather and Summer time? Well I do now. So maybe I am a little warm weather deprived and that's why products are making me think about Summer. I moved a couple of months ago to the northern part of the United States and we are still getting snow...yes, snow in May. Tell me about it. This southern girl does not do very well in the snow or very cold weather. So if a product is bright and colorful it just puts me in a very good mood. Take the new mascara from Covergirl, The Super Sizer, for instance. When I look at it, it just puts me in a good mood. 
Am I the only one? No? Yes? Okay then..moving on. 

So I was sent The Super Sizer and the Intensify Me! Liquid Liner by Covergirl from the lovely people at Covergirl. I could not wait to try them both out because I keep hear amazing reviews about them both from a few people I watch on Youtube. I will actually do a post on the liquid liner later, but today's post is all about The Super Sizer Mascara. 


Here is how Covergirl describes the mascara 
from their website:
The Super Sizer by LashBlast Mascara gives you 400% more corner-to-corner volume for full, fanned out lashes. Our amazing Lash Styler transforms even small lashes— just twirl as you apply it to your lashes for an instantly Super Sized lash look. Opthalmologically tested, suitable for those who wear contact lenses. 




HOW TO APPLY

STEP 1
Start by placing the Lash Styler right at the base of the lashes, use the flat side at the base. You will get immediate (even shocking) drenching of the mascara.
STEP 2
Then comb the volume through from root to tip, by twirling or rotating as you go. This will allow the shorter bristles to deliver maximum mascara while the longer bristles comb it through. 

STEP 3
Apply multiple coats to create even more volume. 





Fun Facts:
Name: The Super Sizer by Covergirl
Released: May 2015
Size: 12 ml (.4 fl oz liq.)
Other Colors available: Black Brown, Black, and Very Black
Also available in Waterproof: YES
Extra Tidbit: The bristles in the wand are space further apart than most mascara wands. This is so the lashes are coated with the mascara in groups to give a more dramatic look. 
For more information: www.Covergirl.com



Review:
So, we already know what my First Impression of the mascara is. It is so pretty and colorful. I love the bright colors. It does come in a rather large tube, so I think that might turn some people away because it will obviously take up a lot of space in your makeup bag. To me I don't find that as a problem. I don't mind a product taking up more space if it is worth it. Plus, with a name like THE SUPER SIZER you sorta need a big statement piece. How funny would it have been if the product was super tiny and still called The Super Sizer?! 
I applied the mascara exactly how the directions said to apply it. I was completely blown away with how much volume it gave my lashes. My lashes were almost touching my eyebrows! I actually tried the mascara without curling my eyelashes just to see how well it would do and it actually gave them a nice curl. Then I tried the mascara after curling my eyelashes to see if it would hold the curl and it did! My lashes stayed curled right up until I removed the mascara. I will admit it made me a little nervous at first because it looks like there is a ton of product on the wand, but the directions said to keep the product on there. I am so glad I did because when I applied the wand to the base of my lashes it really did intensify the look and made my lashes look really thick. The wand was very easy to work with and I was able to reach in the corner of my eyelashes to get those tiny lashes that are hard to reach. 
The formula is very nice. I was able to put a few coats of the mascara on without it clumping up or drying on me. I did not have any problems with it flaking off throughout the day. It looked just as nice at the end of the day as it did when I first applied it. 
I am extremely impressed with The Super Sizer Mascara and it has easily become one of my top favorite drugstore mascaras.


Have you tried The Super Sizer yet?
What are your thoughts?




Disclaimer: I was sent this product from Covergirl. However, all thoughts, opinions, and pictures are 100% my own. 





Other ways to follow Southern Glamourista: //Twitter//Blog Lovin'//Instagram// post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...